Pages

Saturday 29 December 2018

Manihikian dance - by Augustine



During this week, I have been practising a Cook island dance to perform on the new years day for the Manihiki group. Manihiki group is a group of people that comes from one of  the fifteen islands of the Cook Island called Manihiki. 

Every year on the first day  we celebrate the new year with performances and food. I am looking forward for new years day because there will be people coming together, lots of food to eat, and me performing my dance on the stage. 

I really like learning Cook island dance because it shows who I am and where my dad comes from. My little sister and little brother are performing too. My sister is the youngest and she is in the video too. My brother and I are both wearing blue T-shirts. 

I hope you will enjoy watching my performance.
Next week on new years day I will show you my costume and my real dance.

Meitaki.




No comments:

Post a Comment