Pages

Monday 23 December 2019

A long walk to freedom - by Augustine


Dear diary

This prison has so many gratifies, and it also smells like pee. It is very hard to sleep at night, and I have to wake up early in the morning because of the smell. The prison I am staying has a window but it is too small. I think they used a small  window so that the prisoners won't escape. But the window is half open. I only eat lunch before 12:00 pm. I do not eat breakfast. My breakfast is my lunch. I only have a sandwich, and that is the only time I get to eat a day. 

I hope I get out of this prison.


Image Attribution: https://grist.org/climate-energy/justice-giant-remembering-mandela-and-his-fight-for-climate-justice/

1 comment:

  1. Tēnā koe i tēnei ahiahi Augustine,

    What a great piece of writing. You wrote that really well! I imagine that is what it would feel like being in Robben Island Prison. What stands out to you about Nelson Mandela's life? I'd love to hear what you think!

    Nga mihi
    Erica

    ReplyDelete