Pages

Monday 16 December 2019

Day 1: Explorers - Setting sail - by Augustine

Setting sail

These are the foods I chose to take with me on this three weeks voyage:

1. Bread - I don't need to put bread in a fridge, plus I can eat bread for 3 or 4 days.

2. Corn beef - I can just eat the corn beef on its own, and it lasts longer. I can eat bread with corn beef as well.

3. Spaghetti - spaghetti can last for more than 3 weeks, and I can eat spaghetti with bread or on its own.

4. Crackers - Cracker is easy to eat, and easy to fit in my bag. I can eat crackers for many days.

5. Chips - Chips can last for more than 3 weeks, and I can eat it on its own. It can also fit easily in my bag.

6. Water - I need something to hydrate me. 

7. Tin fish - It lasts long, it doesn't need to be put in a fridge and you can eat it with the bread or the crackers.

8. Tuna can - It lasts long, and you can use it to make a sandwich with your bread or just eat by itself.

9. Orange - It has vitamins and juice. Orange can last long, it can last for 3 weeks. It helps keep me hydrate.

10. Peanut butter - It lasts long, and you can make a peanut butter sandwich with the bread / crackers.




3 comments:

  1. Morena Augustine,

    It is lovely meeting you! I am so excited that you are joining us for the Summer Learning Journey 2019-2020. Have you done this programme before?

    This is my first year joining the Summer Learning Journey, and I am so excited that I get to read over the Manaiakalani blogs.

    I’m really looking forward to summer, aren't you? In my spare time I like spending time at the beach and hanging out with my friends. I also enjoy going for walks and I absolutely love cooking and baking. What are you looking forward to doing this summer?

    I liked the way you presented your 10 food items you would take on an ocean voyage. I thought it was great how you explained how each food item could be used. None of these items would go off if you didn't have a fridge or a freezer. I can tell you thought a lot about what to bring! You definitely showed critical thinking. Ka pai.

    Next time you could add images of the food items you listed. It would be fun to see what pictures you would choose :)

    I think out of all the food on the list you mentioned I would definitely take bread. Bread goes well with everything and you always can count on it to fill you up!

    If you had to take only one type of food from your top 10 with you on a voyage, what would you choose?

    Noho ora mai
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Erica for your possitive comment. I hope you have a great day.

    Augustine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi August, I like all the Food that
    you might take with you
    to Nainoa
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete