Pages

Friday 27 December 2019

Overcoming Adversity - by Augustine



Augustine: ( Me )
The challenge I did was going to camp for 2 days without my parents. This was a scout camp. It was sad to leave my parents behind but I overcame it after the 2 days. When I saw them after 2 days, I didn't want to leave the camp. I enjoyed that time. It was fun.

My mum:
My mum went through tough times. When she was little in Tonga, she got hidings from her parents and went to play with kids every evening. She made some bad choices at school and got big hidings from her mum. But a few years later, she got married and moved here in New Zealand. She is enjoying it here. So are we. She is proud because she overcame all those bad things in the past.



My dad:
When my dad played rugby, he got injured 2. He got injured the first time and his mum said, do not play anymore rugby. But he did, and he got injured again. So he stoped playing rugby, and then kept he playing rugby until he reached his 30's or 40's. He is proud because he overcame his problem. 




2 comments:

  1. Hi Augustine,
    It was good that you overcame your fear.

    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Augustine,

    Thank you so much for sharing about a challenge you and your family overcame. I'm glad you all were able to not let challenges stop you and hold you back. Really awesome to hear.

    Do you play rugby? Or has your dad's injuries made you not too interested in playing?

    Looking forward to your reply.

    Nga mihi
    Erica

    ReplyDelete