Pages

Thursday 19 December 2019

What's in a name - by Augustine


If I was allowed to change my name I would change it to Jonah:

I would change my name to Jonah because it sounds catchy to me. Also the name came from one of the rugby legends Jonah Lomu. He inspires me a little bit. That is why I would change my name Jonah. 

But I think that I like my original name because, some people say that my name is a great name for me, and I kind of like the name because my cousin was named Augustine, my nephew was named Augustine, my uncle's name is Augustine and I was named after the Saint, Augustine.

3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Augustine,

    I liked the way you thought about this activity. It's hard to imagine a different name right?! I think both Jonah and Augustine are great names. When I think about changing my name I can't think of anything... mainly because I can't imagine getting used to a whole NEW name. Imagine someone calling out your name and you don't realise they are talking to you.

    Do you think people should be able to change their name if they want to at any time? Or do you think we should keep our given names! Tough question, but curious to know what you think! :)

    Nga mihi
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Erica. I think we should keep our own names because if we change names a lot, then they will get mixed up.

    Thanks again.
    Augustine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora Viena,

      The Manaiakalani team really love your active participation with your blog posts and all of your comments! But unfortunately you won't be awarded with points for short comments.

      Please make sure you keep commenting back to other students! You will be awarded 2 points for your comments. Here is a link that teaches you what a comment should be like https://sites.google.com/site/summerlearningjourney/cybersmart/commenting

      Blog you later!
      Erica

      Delete