Pages

Monday 20 January 2020

My family’s road trip - by Augustine

My family's road trip - by Augustine

On the 13th of January 2020, my family went camping at New Plymouth, Taranaki. “We had to drive so that we could see all the wildlife” my mum said. Even though it will take hours to get to the campsite.

The drive
It took 5 or 6 hours to get to hour campsite.
We had to pass Hamilton and Otorohanga. We took pictures along the way.
We saw places that we haven’t seen before.
It was fun but my bum kept hurting because I sat for a very long time. We went through tunnels under mountains, and we went past mudslides as well.
We went through the city of New Plymouth and we also saw Mt Taranaki.
I was thinking when we arrive at the campsite it would a sunny day. But when we arrived at the Campsite,
my bum ached, and it was the opposite of a sunny day.


The wet campsite
I got of the car and went with my mum to register us a site so we could set up our tent their. There were heaps of spaces for us to put up and sleep in our tent. But it was a wet day so we asked the receptionist if there was a spare cabin that we could use. There was one but we have to leave the cabin the next day. So we agreed that we will stay in a cabin for one night. Inside was a shower, a toilet, and one big bed and a bunk bed. My sister cried to sleep on the top bunk. So I let her, my brother slept in the
bottom bunk and my parents slept in the big bed. I’m lucky I brought my stretcher, and people who work in the campsite gave me a mattress. I used it on top of my stretcher to make it feel comfortable. When I came out of the cabin to go to a trampoline called the Jumping Pillow, it stopped raining. So I took my siblings to play.


The calm night
After playing, I took my brother and sister back to the cabin to have dinner, shower and to get ready for bed. We had chicken for dinner and had a nice and warm shower. After that I got ready to sleep. When I lied on my stretcher, It was comfortable because of mattress and the nice warm blanket. I could not wait for the next day.


The next day
That morning, I woke up finishing one of the best dreams last night.
After I woke up, I got ready for breakfast and went to play outside with my siblings. Then my dad said that we can swim at the beach after visiting places in Taranaki. So we agreed, but first we left the cabin and went to put up our tent.
Then we went to see so many places. We saw the Taranaki bridge and Mt Taranaki. After that, we went back to the campsite, changed and went to the beach to swim. It was fun. I went over waves. But some waves were too big, that they pushed me. I had fun at the beach.
Later, we changed and went to see the lights in a park. So we did. When we arrived and walked through the park, it was full of lights. There was a statue of a kiwi that was covered in lights. When we got back to where we started, it was past 9:00 pm. So we went back to the camp and had
fish and chips for dinner. Finally, we got ready to sleep.


Home again
In the morning, we had breakfast and packed everything up from the tent into the truck. Later we put the tent down, packed it up, and put it in our truck. Then we left the campsite. We decided to visit Taupo. But it was too late. So we past Ohakuni and went back home to south
Auckland. It took 5 hours from Ohakuni to our home. But I loved seeing different things around New Zealand. When we got home, I was thankful. It was like we have been away for almost a month.
But it was great being back at home.  Next time when I visit New Plymouth, I would rather take a plane, or else but bum will hurt.



No comments:

Post a Comment