Pages

Tuesday 18 December 2018

Forest life - by Augustine






In 2017 during the school holidays my family went to see Tane Mahuta. The reason why we wanted to see this Kauri tree was because of its history that we read on books.

It was a big and tall tree. It is also the oldest tree or kauri tree in New Zealand. It was also an interesting experience to see the native plants and trees, like Kauri trees, Ferns and other trees around Tane Mahuta. My family had enjoyed our trip over there and I remembered brushing off our shoes before went into the forest. This was because of the disease that destroyed Kauri trees in New Zealand. I think the disease is called Kauri dieback.  

I really want to go back and see Tane Mahuta again. I want to see whether there is any change from the last time I visited Tane. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Augustine!

    My name is Ellee I am another commentor on the Summer Learning Journey team!
    I hope you have had an awesome school holidays? :)

    That is awesome that you went to Tane Mahuta in the holidays!! How cool!
    That would be really interesting to go back and see if anything has chnaged since you last went...

    In Rotorua the Red Woods have a really awesome tree walk you can do at nighttime - I would like to try it one day!
    You can check it out here:
    https://redwoods.co.nz/info/redwoods-treewalk-rotorua/

    I think it's pretty special we have such a beautiful environment with trees like this - they are very impressive!
    Maybe you could go here with your family one day too?

    Awesome work Augustine, ka pai!

    Nga mihi,
    Ellee :)

    ReplyDelete