Pages

Monday 17 December 2018

My hometown - by Augustine


Manuwera used to be a big swamp, and all different types of storks used to live there. In our town, we have a rugby club for all age groups, a scout club including sea scout, and even has the one and only Botanical gardens in AucklandThere are varieties of fun activities and interesting events every where around Manuwera.

Manuwera is sometimes quiet and a bit messy. But every one is trying to make Manuwera clean by putting banners and signs around. These signs are to encourage people to keep our town clean and beautiful. 

There are two towns in Manuwera, and they are Weymouth and Clendon. The three towns are so close to Manukau city, and it takes about 10 - 15 minutes to get there. Manurewa is also about 10 minutes away from the Auckland International airport.

Interestingly, at night we see the beautiful and colourful sight of the airport and the sunset from Weymouth beach.

Manuwera

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora & Namaste Augustine,
    My name is Patricia and I am part of the SLJ team!
    Thanks for sharing some interesting information about Manuwera, it's cool to know that you can see that there is room for improvement but also find the good where you live! I bet it would be lovely to watch the sunset in Weymouth beach?! I live in Meadowbank and I like to watch the sunset in Orakey because I can see the sun going down behind the Sky tower and how it cast its beautiful orange light over the city.
    Auckland is busy, there are bad drivers everywhere, and yet there are many beautiful things that I am thankful for, and I think just like you I rather see the beauty of where I live.
    Keep up with your great work!
    Kia kaha,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Patricia

      Thanks for your comment. In Auckland there are bad drivers sometimes, that is why we have crashes everywhere. When we walk at the beach, we see the awesome orange sunset.

      Thanks again for your comment
      Have great day
      Augustine

      Delete